As the mother of a toddler, I want my son to get the nutrients he needs to grow healthy and strong. But, as the mother of a toddler, I typically have my hands full. Between diaper changes and tantrums, on most days I just want preparing his food to be as easy as possible.
On those days when you need something easy to make that you know will be nutritious for your kids, you can count on Minute Rice!
You can have great tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes with Minute White Rice. It’s easy to prepare and is the foundation to any healthy meal.
If you like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is a delicious, healthy option, as it has the same nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, but is ready in just 10 minutes – just 1/4 the time of regular brown rice. Both Minute Brown and White Rice are gluten free, too!
I adapted this simple recipe from one my mom used to make us when I was little. It was my favorite meal growing up, and I know your kids will love it too!
Nancy’s Chicken and Rice
Rotisserie Chicken (available fully cooked at most grocery stores)
2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
1 cup Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups Broccoli (frozen or fresh)
1 tablespoon Paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1. Shred the rotisserie chicken, discarding all bones.
2. Heat a dutch oven or large pot on medium-high heat. Add can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of water. Whisk until mixed.
3. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil.
3. Add Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice, and reduce temperature. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and allow rice to continue to cook for 5 minutes.
5. While rice cooks, steam broccoli. If frozen, microwave broccoli in microwave-safe container for 6 minutes or until cooked.
6. When rice is finished cooking, add chicken and broccoli to pot. Stir until combined.
7. Sprinkle parsley on top, and serve. Freeze leftovers and serve later.
Visit www.minuterice.com for over 400 recipe ideas and more information about the Minute Rice family of products!
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
- Giveaway – Save Money and Eat Well with 3 Months of eMeals!!!
- #Mamavation Monday – Staying Motivated to Lose